Lupane State University Degree in Language Studies Requirements
Lupane State University Degree in Language Studies; See details on Lupane State University Degree in Language Studies
On successful completion of the course, one will be equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to:
• assess the place of language within systems and processes of communication generally;
• describe particular usages of language, for example at the levels of pronunciation, lexicogrammar, discourse structure and functioning;
• appreciate relationships between language forms and the social and cultural contexts where they are used;
• analyse the specific demands and constraints of using language and communicating within particular institutional and professional settings, such as the mass media, medicine, education (including language education), business and industry;
• appreciate the shared elements of human communication processes and explore their diversity and their central relevance to contemporary social life;
• analyse the communication practices that sustain and constitute social institutions such as the newspaper, TV and film industries and critically appraise their output;
• identify generic categories within types of media communication and understand their constitution as cultural products.
- Five (5) ‘O’ level passes including English and an African language
- ‘A’ level passes including an African language/ English Literature
- A Diploma in Education majoring in an African Language/ English.